- Denmark, the 9th Century, on the Island of Zealand (Danish: Sjślland), on the Western side of an island.
- Vikings raiding a remote monastery in the British Isles encountered more than merely the wealth of monks -- they brought back a badly ill member of their raiding party that lived long enough to die on home soil.
- Months later, other villages are starting to disappear and rumors of monsters wandering the land have spread.
- Characters can be drawn from all sorts in the surrounding region but let's keep it realistic -- while there are bound to be weapons, not everyone is a professional warrior...and it's not warriors alone that allow survival in the face of a zombie horde.
- It's late September, the air is getting colder.
- Keep in the period
- No horned helmets
- Collaborative writing on Google Docs is considered a necessity here.
- Character Sheets get posted on the Sheets thread.
- Advanced Standards
In Character Info:A band of Vikings sack a rich and ancient monastery in the British Isles only to find that the monks stood vigil over something far more terrible than any foe they'd ever faced. One of their own is bitten but lives long enough to die on home soil, in Denmark. Soon thereafter, the dead stalk the land, filling the icy night with their hungry moans. Now a few take shelter in the fortress of Trelleborg, on the western side of Zealand (an island), and attempt to make a stand for survival against the horde.Out of Character Info:The setting for this is a ring fort. The noble that ruled it is dead, an early victim, and the RP starts with the characters having to clear this place out and then secure it. It's a terrible job and some people will die. You're allowed to create a couple NPC's/extra characters, but I don't want characters rolling around with huge armies. The express purpose of these NPC's and multiple characters is essentially expendability -- they are made to die.Maps:
The ringfort of Trelleborg; inside are four squares, which each contain four longhouses. To the Southeast is another berm and longhouses as well, though not as well protected (room for further expansion, or materials to salvage to help build better defenses.)
Other maps are incoming as needed.