Alastriona (Defenders of Peace)
Nahuatl (Four Oceans)
Alastriona, the planet sworn to uphold Peace throughout the universe, is perhaps the second oldest civilization in the known universe. The eldest being Gallifrey, home to the Time Lords. Although this planet is ancient, its knowledgeable secrets, heritage and histories are strictly forbidden to outsiders or visitors. Often stereotyped as 'police' or 'authorities of the law', this planet's society is heavily regulated and citizens forced into assimilation. The Time War was devastating to Alastriona and nearly caused the extinction of its population. Thankfully, however, the Alastrion were able to endure the fighting and survived The Time War's wrath. Currently the entire planet has gone into secrecy, no outsiders or visitors are welcomed. Alastrion's sole purpose in their beginning was to fight and conquer. However, the eras have drastically changed this once prospering planet of war.
Those born of this planet are called Alsatrions. In human Mythology they are comparable to the creatures known as Valkyries Alastrions are the definition of a warrior. Starting the moment they're birthed from their mothers, Alastrions began a series of demanding training programs specified to turn them into ruthless weapons of war. This includes Alastrions of both genders. In fact, some of the planet's most successful warriors are actually the women. Men and women used to be trained immediately following their birth and were expected to serve in the military forces until their two-hundred and fist birthday (equivalent to a human's twenty-first birthday). Only then were they allowed to retire from service and seek other means of employment, if they so choose.
Alastrions were formerly a race devoted to nothing aside bloodshed and the rage of wars, but over the eras this has undergone a change. Their new culture is strictly regulated, with laws and codes of conduct being enforced through traumatic punishments and everyone is basically a slave to the Elders (the government of Alastriona). No one knows exactly why the culture shifted in such a radical direction and when questions are asked, no answers have ever been given. Alastriona's writing system is a complex series of color-coding.
Primarily a sea-food based consumption, considering their numerous sources of water. Vegetation is also a common staple of the Alastrion's diet. However, Alastrions have several allergies that can result in their death. These include a various selection meat (which is why they normally eat only sea-food) and some nuts from their trees.
Joined unions is not a common practice in Alastrions. In fact, nearly half of the population is not romantically attached to another. Since Alastrions can survive for thousands of years, it's not necessary for them to be focused on procreation. Those who do decide to get married are often elders who've chosen to bare children. Alastrions are fertile once reaching their age of maturity which is two-hundred and one. An Alastrion marriage is performed by telepathically linking together the souls (or auras) of the two in question. Once this union has been formed, it's unbreakable. So not a decision to take loosely. After an Alastrion couple has joined auras/souls with another, they're forever bonded. This means that their lives are connected. If one is injured, the other feels their pain. Should one partner perish, the other will suffer in terrible agony until reaching their demise as well. The sign of an Alastrion marriage is a series of tattoos along the woman's skin (it can appear anywhere on the body) and a ring is to be sealed to the husband's left thumb. Once in place it cannot be removed.
Laws of Alastriona:
1. All citizens must complete their training programs and serve in the military forces until their two-hundred and fist birthday.
2. Alastrion women are forbidden to be explorers or law officials, those are male only careers.
3. Women who devote themselves to the military are forbidden to bear children, as they would weaken their qualities as a warrior.
4. Anyone who breaks an Alastrion law is subjected to painful and traumatic punishments, however, none of which cause death or permanent damage to the individual.
5. Alastrions are forbidden from inter-species breeding and all children produced from these unions will be exiled from the planet.
6. Children are taken away from their parents directly after birth and forced into the training programs. If a child cannot complete the series of tasks, they will be restricted to the life of a commoner and not welcomed during planet celebrations.
7. Major celebrations include: The Time War Remembrance Day & O'Thankful Eve ( a night where all citizens are supplied free food/money/clothing/medical treatment)
8. Names are decided by the Elders upon a child's birth. They see into the new born's aura/soul and chooses a name befitting of their inner qualities.
9. Healers are precious to Alastriona. Anyone who succeeds in this profession is consider above everyone else (aside from the Elders) and is given special treatment in return.
10. Alastriona and its people are forbidden to interfere with Earth and the humans.
They're the original inhabitants of Alastriona, once a generation dies, the new selection is decided in following order.
For example: Generation 1 - Generation 2 - Generation 3 and so on. Currently they are on the 89th Generation.
* Longevity (5,000 years)
* Manifest Doubt/Chaos/Mayhem in individuals or during a war
* Predict Death
* Self Healing for minor injuries
* Able to produce poison in their blood as a defense
* Amber or Golden eyes
* Humanoid Forms & Skin Tones
* Claws (retractable)
* Average of six feet in height
* Male's are typically shorter, around five feet
For decades the Alastrions reigned as supernatural servants of War and Mayhem. They conquered several planets in their own solar system, but eventually became too obsessed with fighting and they spread violence among the planets. Finally after witnessing the Alastrion's destructive nature, the Time Lords decided to interfere They demanded that all Alastrion's retreat back to their own planet and that they may only engage others in war if there was a probable cause. When the Alastrions refused, the Time Lords manipulated a Time Seal and captured the warriors who had remained in battle. Those soldiers have stayed imprisoned in the Time Seal and realizing that the Time Lords were beyond their capabilities, the Alastrions adhered to the demand at last. Since the Alastrions are vengeful, ruthless and dictatorial by nature...when they lost the riches and enjoyment of wars...they turned on their own species began this dictatorial society. The younger generations of Alastriona don't know this secret to their heritage, but those who do remember hold a deep seated hatred of Time Lords and were pleasantly thrilled when Gallifrey went missing.
The Alastrions began as warriors (conquering planets), but at least back then they were completely honorable with the laws and regulations of combat. Sure, war is unpleasant...but the Alastrions fought off enemies/threats/Daleks...they were essentially good warriors. A proud history began. However...the Alastrions became obsessed with violence and the thrills of war. That's when they began the conflict with the Time Lords and a majority of their people were locked forever in the Time Seal. The obsession of war 'mutated' the Alastrion's original purpose and they became a dictatorship among their own people. The Elders have gone diabolical and look for any excuses possible to insight conflict/violence among the universe. The younger generations are basically 'brain-washed' into following their Elders, they never question anything and blindly act on their government's commands. This is how Alastriona has been for eras.
The Doctor- Gold
TARDIS - Blue
Briannon - Violet
Captain Jack Harkness - Green
Donna "The Moment" Noble - Orange
Side Characters - Grey
Two-Hundred and Two Years Old
Deanna (Mother) - Deceased, perfect mother that raised Briannon with endless love and support. She died following her husband, since they made the unbreakable vow to be married.
Lino (Father) - Deceased, ruthless warrior and sadly he died a few months earlier than his wife.
Odelet (Dearest Friend) - Currently now a wife and possible mother in the future, Odelet has always supported Briannon and been a true friend. She was riddled with confusion and suffered heartbreak when Briannon suddenly vanished. Odelet has gone before the council asking for help, wishing to find her friend and have Briannon returned.
* She was an excellent warrior, but found herself becoming obsessed with bloodshed. Which is why she then retired from the military once able and joined a career in Healing. Briannon, despite her parent's genetics, has golden eyes. They turn black when angry. Having began studying her culture's history from ancient texts after retiring from the military, Briannon was devastated to learn of transformation her race has made throughout the years.
* Briannon is terrified of romance in any form. Being raised in a culture of warriors, she was taught to see emotional attachments as weaknesses. After witnessing the tragedy of marriage in her race, Briannon made a decision to never marry. However, Briannon has fallen in love with the Doctor. After visiting their first planet together, Briannon adopted a nose-less dog she later named Vortex. He's just a puppy, dark brown fur with matching eyes and a white left ear and matching paws. Briannon saw the lights over Greenland with the Doctor and Vortex.
* She loves the fourth Doctor's scarf and often wears it.
* Has tremendous respect for Rose Tyler, Captain Jack Harkness, Donna Noble and Odelet.