Welcome to the USS Valiant-100-786-Science Class Frigate,
New recruit. Your mission is to report to Space Station Jericho in the Alpha Quadrant. There you will receive all the required tool to investigate a recent anomaly. The anomaly being a strange form of radiation being admitted from a near by nebula. The radiation affects the brain, causing people to hallucinate, and hear voices in their head, thus going insane. This Nebula is a class-A priority due to the implication that it seems to be spreading at an alarming rate. Currently the space station that has been trying to reduce the growing of the Nebula has gone silent. Investigate, research, and try to contain the growing of the nebula before it's too out of control. Too help you in your mission we've installed an AI known as "Apollo" on your ship. Apollo has been a break through in science for Earth since it's been the first functioning AI in history. Apollo should be of valuable use in this mission. Good Luck Valiant Crew.
1. Listen to what I say. As well as mr hi, he is co-gm
2. You're not immune to everything. You can die, become injured, and go insane. In fact, you should plan on bad thing happening
3. If you have an idea to improve the plot, pm myself or mr hi before you type it out.
4. Don't get ahead of everyone. It's a group RP, so don't have an entire page of you an another person posting back and forth
5. Have fun
6. To prove you read the rules write, "Shepard" in your CS
1. Captain-Samuel Dean Shepard
2. First Officer-John Cauthon
3. Lead Science Officer Alicia Whitstone
4. Head of Security
5. Navigator/Pilot Ray Pember
6. Chief Engineer Martin West
7. AI, "Apollo"-mr hi
Name: Samuel Dean Shepard
Personality: Samuel strives to be the best person morally. He tries to do the best things for his crew and humanity in general. He is generally a nice person, and loves to make jokes by teasing his crew. Nothing ever gets him down. He tends to see the best in people a well. He will however go to any lengths to protect his crew, and friends. His philosophy is to leave no man behind.
Bio: Samuel was an orphan raised on the streets of the great megatropolises covering Earth. Samuel escaped the life of petty crime and underworld gangs by enlisting with the military when he turned eighteen. In the Military he learned how to be a great leader. He received top marks in most things at West Point Academy. He went up in ranks quickly after a 5 year mission in which the First officer and Captain died from a hull breach in the ship and contracted radiation poisoning. He quickly took command of the ship, when nobody else would step up. He led the crew in discovering a new way to improving it's shields, so that radiation doesn't affect them as much. For that he was promoted to first officer of the USS Valiant. After 9 years as first officer on the Valiant, the current captain resigned and appointed Samuel as Captain.