Stuff to know before we start.
- Having been rewatching the Sword Art Online series I have retracted my previous statement. It appears after a while of being stuck within Aincrad you do begin to feel pain.I am assuming this is because after a while your sensations and mind meld with the Sword Art Online system and begans to create sensations such as pain and touch amongst other natural human sensations. I am also guessing one month should be plenty of time for the system to meld with the players mind and create genuine sensations. Again, you do feel pain.
- Within Sword Art Online you will feel Hunger and Fatigue. You will get tired after a while and will need to sleep. Be warned that sleeping outside of city limits or risk getting killed by a monster or a PKer. When you start taking damage you won't feel pain but as your health goes down you will feel more and more fatigued, getting tired and sluggish.
- Health crystals are incredibly expensive. Buying Health crystals is rare, most people can't afford it and so the only way they get health Crystals is through random monster drops. Also, Teleport Crystals are a last resort item. They are also quite expensive so they aren't used willy nilly.
- No one is beyond getting hit. I don't want everyone coming up with a clever way of getting out of every single unscathed. I can understand if it is like you versus one monster but that is usually rare, monsters usually with more than one. That is why solo play is so rare.
- I understand that writing nice and gritty gore is fun and all, but Sword Art Online doesn't have any. When you struck or you strike someone with a blade it only leaves a pixalated slash mark that disappears after a brief moment; Maces and other blunt force attacks will leave an indent that is pixaled. I don't want anyone saying that your slashes cause a spray of blood in the air.
- Names and stats are completely hidden from one another. The only thing you know of each other within the game is their name and a health bar with no numbers in it. The only way to know someones level, their accurate health points or stats is if they tell you.
Important people, places and guilds.GUILDS-
<<Legion of Dragons>> - A top ranking guild at the forefront of the front lines. They have a large Guild Hall that resembles a castle at the north end of Oden, a popular town on floor 5.
<<Imperial Order>> - A rather large guild of strong members. They are the self appointed peace keepers within Aincrad. Think of them as the Police, keeping order and jailing criminals when caught.
<<Grinning Jackals>> - A guild of assassins. No one knows where they reside and are full of Orange or Red criminals. They are your biggest concern when out of town limits alone. They are often bought to kill targets for either something they have or for simple grudges. No one is beyond getting a target on their head if they are paid enough.
<<Gladio Vincit>> - Latin for "The Sword that Conquers". Our guild.
Commander Alec - The Guild leader of <<Legion of Dragons>>. A powerful man with an equally intimidating aura about him. Though he is very diplomatic and fair.
Fear - First in command of <<Grinning Jackals>> guild. Not much is known of the man except he is not one to be messed with.
Loathing - Second in command of <<Grinning Jackals>>. Again, not much is known of Loathing. He is also not one to trifle.
Commander Ozai - Commander of <<Imperial Order>>. A strong and kind man with unwavering ideals of the law.
Taul - An appraiser on floor 3. He is a bit of a pervert so he is especially forthright with information to the lady customers.
Malik - A smooth talking information broker. He knows a lot of many things and he will tell you. For the right price.
Oden - A large and popular town on floor 5. This is where you will more often then not be sleeping and eating when not out leveling.
The fateful story begins with the announcement of the new up and coming virtual reality roleplaying game. This is the first game of it's kind, sending it's players into an entirely virtual world where you control your character not with a keyboard, but your own thoughts. Selling out at 12:03am of opening night you are amongst the lucky ten thousand people who have gotten your hands on a copy. Frantically scurrying home you plug in, slipping on your helmet. Once you pat yourself down to calibrate the system you lay down and soon your mind is racing down a virtual highway where you take your first steps before becoming the best you can be.
As you login you begin your journey either exploring the city and the surrounding expanses of virtual goodness or getting used to the combat system. But later on you begin to feel a grumbly in the tumbly that only the sweetest of Italian flatbreads with assorted toppings with a tomato sauce median. But alas, as you open the menu the Log Out button has magically disappeared and there is no way to manual log out. And off in the distance the sound of a loud gong draws your attention, suddenly your body begins to glow and you randomly appear in the middle of town square with apparently everyone else. Looking around in confusion a red tint fills the sky and appears a giant hooded figure in the sky.
Introducing himself as Kayaba Akihiko, the chief developer of the Sword Art Online and the NerveGear (The helmet that is the conduit from Real world to Virtual world). He then informs you that the removal of the log out button was not a bug but I means to bring his dreams to fruition. His plan was to create a world that he was a God, control of all things. He then went on to explain that if someone on the outside tried to remove the NerveGear it would send a microwave burst and fry the brain, killing the host. Also, if your health within the game reaches zero, again... you dead for realsies. No take backs.
In shock and disbelief Kayaba reassured his words truthfulness he then pulled up news report after news report of over one hundred cases of people dying from their family members removing the helmet.
About this Roleplay.
Oh, I almost didn't see you there. You're looking as dashing as ever. *wink* But in all seriousness here is a list of things to expect from this Roleplay.
- This Roleplay is set one month after the event. With this you can have some range of diversifying your character into something unique.
- This roleplay based around a small guild of our characters. They aren't amongst the leading Guilds on the front lines.
- Our guild though not on the front lines are the fifth from the top guilds, meaning we aren't push overs but it gives us some space to not solely do front lines work but have some side objectives and etc.
- Within Aincrad (The Virtual world within Sword Art Online) the first six floors have been beat and currently clearing out floor seven and leveling and strategizing for the floor boss; Which we will talk about whether or not we want to join that boss fight.
Things and stuff that differ from the series.
I know what you're thinking! "El Tigre, I understand you want to make a Sword Art Online RP. Are we going to be keeping the original cast of character?" I am glad you ask that, random person. No, the original cast will not be participating in this endeavor. I only want to see well developed original characters. This is about the only thing that differs, at least that I can think of. Glad we kept this short and sweet.
A guide to understanding the world.
- The world of Sword Art Online is known as Aincrad and their currency is known Col. (Think of 1 Col equal to 1 Gold piece.)
- Unlike most online games Sword Art Online does not have a magic system. Though there is a throwing mechanic for daggers or stones, or maybe tossing a friend a health pack, there is no real ranged 'class' making the world even more dangerous as your combats are up close and personal making the threat of losing your life very much real.
- You can use any melee weapon you can think of, exotic or classic. This option is totally up to you. Along with this your fighting style is also completely up to you.
- Within Sword Art Online there isn't a Class system, everyone starts off the same. A blank slate that develops as you level by the choices you make and how you play your character.
- The World is set up in a floor system, ranging from floor 1 to floor 100. Each floor progresses in difficulty and you can only get to the next floor by defeating the floor boss.
- There is a dueling system within Sword Art Online, this can be done anywhere and once a players health reaches 1HP they are declared the loser and their health returns to the health they had before the duel, as long as the duel is done within town limits. Outside of town limits a duel can have deadly consequences. Seriously, deadly. As in you die.
- Player kills [known as PK] are allowed though not within town limits. Killing another player will flag your name in red and mark you as a criminal. Red Names aren't able to access town limits.
- Clean names are green, people who steal or commit mild crimes names turn orange and previously stated Red names are above.
Feel free to add whatever you feel is important to your character. Feel free to ask for help wherever you are confused.
HTML Code:[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic][U]--Character name--[/U][/FONT][/SIZE] --Picture of your character. Anime styled preferred.-- [FONT=Century Gothic][I]"Any quote that best suits your character."[/I] --Include a written physical description, at least one (1) paragraph --[/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic] [B][Name-][/B] [I][INDENT]What is their name given at birth?[/INDENT][/I] [B][Username-][/B] [I][INDENT]What is their name in the Game?[/INDENT][/I] [B][Age-][/B] [I][INDENT]No younger than 12 and no older than 80.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Ethnicity-][/B] [I][INDENT]You can be from anywhere around the world. Just be realistic, I don't want some Saharan Tribesman with his NerveGear connected to a coconut.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Sexuality-][/B] [I][INDENT]Bisexual, Heterosexual, Homosexual, Pansexual. What tickles your fancy?[/INDENT][/I] [hr][/hr] [B][Level-][/B] [I][INDENT]No one above level 15. Crafters cannot exceed level 12. Solo players or beta testers can be up to level 18. If you are both a solo player and beta tester you may be level 20.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Pref. weapon-][/B] [I][INDENT]What weapon does your character most prefer? Weapons Skill - 1/1000 (This determines how proficient you are with weapons, more practice in your pref. weapon field unlocks special aspects of that weapon type; I.E. Max Weapon skill and your pref. weapon is a Sword unlocks the use of Dual Swords. - This is increased by fighting with your pref. weapon. This is the only stat that does not attribute to your level. This is solely based on how often you stick to your pref. weapon. Be reasonable with this, I don't want anyone to exceed 400/1000.)[/INDENT][/I] [B][Fighting style-][/B] [I][INDENT]How does your character go about killing his foes?[/INDENT][/I] [B][Health Points-][/B] [I][INDENT]I will determine this after reading your armor and stats.[/INDENT][/I] [B][General Stats-][/B] For each level you are awarded 100 points to allocate wherever you see fit for your character. [I][LIST][*]Strength - 1/1000 (This determines how strong you hit; Able to break through doors in town limits at max skill. - Increased by hitting monsters.)[*]Movement Speed - 1/1000 (This determines how fast you run. - Increased by running around, most prevalent in explorer types.)[*]Parry - 1/1000 (This is used not for how often you parry, but how well you parry; meaning the dmg reduction you get from parrying a strike. - Increased by parrying during a fight.)[*]Shield - 1/1000 (This determines how effective your character is with a shield, meaning how much damage they can reduce while using a shield. - Increased by fighting with a shield equip)[*]Agility - 1/1000 (This determines how fast your thought goes into action. This also effects how fast you can activate power strikes. - Increased by maneuvering during a fight.)[*]Battle Healing - 1/1000 (This determines how fast you heal during combat. Each point equals .5 HP regen per second. - This increases by taking damage, the most difficult skill to increase.)[*]Perception - 1/1000 (This determines how perceptive you are at finding hidden doors in dungeons and spotting hidden players. - This is increased by extensively searching through dungeons or listening in on conversations.)[*]Hide - 1/1000 (This determines how stealthy you are, this counteracts perceptive players given their hide is higher than their perception stat. - This is increased by generally being a sneaky player.)[*]Tracking - 1/1000 (This determines how well you are at tracking people or Rare Monsters. - This is increased by taking searching missions.)[/LIST][/I] [B][Profession Stats-][/B] This is entirely optional. This is used for people who have spent some or all of their time out of combat and instead doing crafts in the safety of town limits. Crafts can be used for personal use or sale. For every 1 point you must take out 1 point from general stats. [I][LIST][*]Blacksmithing - 1/1000 (This determines the weapons and metal armor you are capable of making on your own. Requires metal, the more advanced items require rarer materials.)[*]Fishing - 1/1000 (This determines how rare of fish you are able to catch. Though if you have high fishing you need to go to specific ponds that are often found in more dangerous regions, you can't catch rare fish in town ponds.)[*]Cooking - 1/1000 (This determines how well you are able to cook. Food restores health. Cooking requires materials such as meat and herbs, low end cooking materials can be bought in town for relatively cheap. Rarer meats and herbs can be collected from dangerous regions or from rare spawn.)[*]Tailor - 1/1000 (This craft is mainly for the aesthetics, making fancy dresses and outfits for those who like to look good. They also are able to create Dye to color armor or even create Guild Banners.)[*]Gathering - 1/1000 (This is the profession that can go out and gather materials for other crafts like Blacksmithing, tailoring and cooking. Some players solely go into gathering to make money by selling materials to craftsmen. Though Each craft automatically gets gathering those who specifically spend their time gathering instead of creating have a higher success rate of not ruining a herb that is being gather out of the ground or ruin the wool off sheep, they are also more likely to retrieve more ore out of a Mineral Vein.[/LIST][/I] [HR][/HR] [B][Worldly Skills-][/B] [I][INDENT]This is just a way to briefly state your natural skills that developed in the real world. Say you took karate classes making you more natural and comfortable in combat. If you spent a lot of time in your life doing sports such as free running or parkour you would have a natural edge when it came to maneuverability. If you spent a lot of time in debate club you might be a natural diplomat and be more charismatic. Maybe you were a team leader in some sport events giving you an edge when it came to strategy.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Personality-][/B] [I][INDENT]How does your character act. What is their likes and dislikes. What makes them happy.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Biography-][/B] [I][INDENT]Give me a brief idea of what your life was like before Sword Art Online. What was your reaction to be trapped in this death game? How did you spend your time for the first month after being trapped?[/INDENT][/I] [HR][/HR] [B][Weapons/Armor-][/B] [I][INDENT]What kind of Weapons and Armor are do you have? Feel free to include pictures.[/INDENT][/I] [B][Items - Consumable and Misc-][/B] [I][INDENT]What kind of items do you have? Health Crystals? Teleport crystals? Food? Maps of special regions? Think outside the box. I will let you know if something doesn't work.[/INDENT][/I][/FONT]Character Restrictions.
- I will be allowing three (3) solo players to join. This is not first come first serve, if more than three apply I will decide who are accepted. If you want to be a solo player you need to give good reason why they were able to survive on their own within Aincrad. Not only do you need to worry about monsters but other players that resort to crime within the game.
- I will allow two (2) beta tester players. Again, not first come first serve. Best application wins. If you want to be a beta tester and a solo player you will need a very good character.
- Please no mary/gary sues. I want unique, well developed characters. This is equally a character driven plot along with story.
- No one is required to make a crafter character but please don't think they would not work in the RP. Every decision you make has its usefulness whether in combat or at the forge.
- I don't want everyone to hav been expert fighters with black belts in hundreds of different discaplines. Most players are just your every day gamer. I want to see some flaws and weakness that these characters have to overcome.
Takayama, Sanji - Guild Master - Shields - Played by El Tigre
Lexi O'Brian - Guild Cook - One Handed Rapier - Played by El Tigre
Yakuzu, Yami - Solo/Beta Tester - Great Sword - Played by Whispers
Sivir - Solo/Beta Tester - Cutlass - Played by xHolyLightningx
Rune - Solo - Scimitar - Played by Lillium
Ava Ronn - Daggers - Played by Kilo6
Gokou, Haruka - Two Handed Sword - Played by Makatsume Haru
Timothy Creston - Long Sword - Played by Mtntopview
Ryūmare - Two Handed Cleaving - Played by LupusIntus
Virtuoso - Spear - Played by Zeion
Trent Gardener - Spears - Played by Eb1l 8unny
Hieroglyphix - Glaives - Played by Ostarion
Lillium - Guild Blacksmith - Two-handed Curved sword - Played by LillyanaKabal
Zane - Morning Star - Played by xXCrazyJXx
1.) That is something I was thinking about and would discuss with the people interested, maybe take a poll. The only thing that I am worried about is that it was something that was achieved at a much later level after Kirito maxed out his one hand sword skill. And we are only on the first month so logically, that is a huge leap. lol But this is also literature based unlike the actual anime that used a stat system. So again, I will bring it up to the rest of everyone before the OOC is made.
2.)Katana's are acceptable, in the anime you see Klein have a katana for several episodes. Furthermore, I want to keep ALL melee based weapons available for use to open up the widest possible variations of combat. With the only melee weapon that are dual-wield able FOR SURE being fist weapons though because of their size they would lack in defensive capabilities.
Hopefully this answers your questions fully
1.)What I mean by light-advanced is I expect a slightly above casual writing skill. Meaning at least 1 paragraph (5 solid sentences) per post to avoid speed posting. But most importantly I wish for quality over quantity.
2.)Yes there will be some kind of a stat system. Though this is mainly used as a rough guideline to your characters capabilities. This will not be the end all be all for your character as there is human uniqueness.
3.)That is definitely possible. I want to give everyone some side activities to keep them interested instead of stuck with only the general precipice which is defeating floor bosses.
As previously stated they more often then not go out into regions without the assistance of a team. This has benefits of getting more exp and loot. But the adverse to this is it is much more dangerous as you don't have someone to help you out if shit hits the fan. Not only because being solo makes it harder to defend against Monsters but in the game there are group that have resorted to crime and killing so if you are outside of town limits and alone there is a possibility of a group of PKers (Player Killers) jumping you and most likely killing you after taking all your Col and good gear. That is why I want high quality from applying for Solo players because the likelihood of surviving is slim on your own.
Players that were able to play the beta before the game became available for the public. The benefit to this is your knowledge of the game is above that of the average player as you have done most of this stuff already in the beta so you aren't really going in blind to the next floors. But the Beta testers only got to floor 20 (I think, I dont remember for sure) during the beta period. A lot of people are mad at Beta testers because they blame them for the lives that were lost during the first month. Their reasoning for most players disdain for Beta Testers is because they believed the beta testers should have stayed and taught the new players how to do things and stay alive instead of what most did do, immediately going on their own with maybe a small group of two and pushing forward leaving the rest behind to fend for themselves.
2.) The Throwing mechanic involves anything. You can throw a stone or small dagger with ease. But it's effectiveness against Monsters will be equated to hitting a bear with a salmon, it's not gonna kill the bear but it'll certainly keep it's attention. I wanted to use the throwing mechanic to be used as a way to get health potions to injured allies or Harassing a monster and getting his attention from a distance. EDIT: I will not accept a 'Kiting' type character that relies on keeping mobs attention by running away and throwing misc crap at it to keep its attention.
3.) I am sorry but I will not accept a character coming into the game late. As you tried to explain later that it was a birthday gift, that is highly unlikely. The only way you wouldn't hear about the over 200 cases in which people died from the game is nearly impossible; Meaning you would have to be in the middle of the Sahara desert in a bunker without TV or Internet. This event would probably cause world wide commotion and it would be plastered EVERYWHERE. There was not a soul in the world that didn't know about Sword Art Online's evil intention after the first 24hrs of it's launch. And no, I won't accept coming into the game 23hrs after launch.