I sincerely apologize for the title. It's clearly no longer October. x.o
Going to try and keep this short and sweet, but I have a terrible tendency to ramble. ._.
One thing I will say off the bat, is that I am not a foaming-at-the-mouth, suspiciously-squinting, "Their reply is 53 words short of my demands!" sort of 'advanced' roleplayer. All I really care about is getting a decent-length post that I can respond to. You can write me twelve paragraphs describing the grass if you want, but if you're off in lala land and give me nothing to interact with, I'ma be sad. Character development is also important, and I will be turned off by a two-dimensional barbie doll.
Things to Know:
1. Male is my preferred role. That's not to say I won't have characters of any gender (or species, I throw in a dog or two here and there) as either background/side characters, or to double. Depends on the RP, the circumstances, etc. I don't care what gender you play. Go wild.
2a. Horror is my preferred genre. Please don't let that scare you off (harhar), it's actually an amazingly broad field. From angels and demons (I had a fantastic exorcist-type RP going a few years back), to a zombie apocalypse, to vampires and werewolves, to supernaturally-talented serial killers, to realms filled with all kinds of horrific creatures and happenings, etc, etc
2b. Keep the Twilighting to a minimum. When I mentioned vampires and werewolves, I mean how they're supposed to be... violent, sadistic, murderous. That's not to say you can't have a charming, suave vampire or something, but do not expect me to go for a suggestion along the lines of "You play the handsome, charming thousand-year-old vampire who falls desperately in love with my teen". I'm not even going to BEGIN to get into how wrong that is, but I will say it's not to my tastes.
3. I can get descriptive with the gore/violence at times. If you want that toned down, you'll need to let me know. On the flipside, I'm not so crazy in love with hot and steamy romance scenes. I like to fade to black, but if it's something you want to RP, I will do that for you. Just don't expect me to be the Shakespeare of Sex, you little deviant.
4. I do enjoy talking to my RP buddies. A lot of times I'll have two convos going with someone: the roleplay tab, and the chatting tab. If you don't wanna talk, that's fine. I can be your silent text-pumping entertainment machine with no contact otherwise if you'd like. Just know I'm friendly and willing to talk on the side if you want. I find it also helps with plot development: if someone feels things are getting a little stale, people seem to be more inclined to open up and discuss possible plot twists and whatnot if they've talked with each other before. Less instances of 'falling off the face of the planet'.
5. I do like it if there's more than just our two chars. I love making use of side chars and all that, and I often end up doubling at the least. No pressure if you don't WANT to double, but I do like more characters. :3
Genres:Above I've stated I prefer genres with a bit of horror or the supernatural thrown in, but that does not mean I only RP those things. If you have a suggestion for me, please go for it. I will do just about any genre. Below, however, is a list of genres I will not do (trust me, it's a short list). Anything outside of this? Suggest and I'll probably be game. I'm pretty flexible and I do like new things.
1. No animal RPs. I just can't get into it.
2. No books/movies/shows. I get super self-conscious using like... trademark work and all that. Plus the only series I know near enough about is the Dark Tower and most folks don't know what that is.
3. Finally, I have no interest in a RP that is strictly romantic relationship based. Romance in a RP is great and fine, but I don't like the ENTIRE RP being all about that. I like action and violence and other relations/interactions.
Contact:I believe that's about all you need to know, but feel free to ask me a question if I haven't given you enough information here.
I would prefer you contact me via PMs as opposed to posting here if you are interested, and that's also actually my preferred method for RP. Easier for me to manage and handle than a board would be.
Also please take note of the subtle, giant red-lettered notice here at the bottom, for your convenience. ^^ It sorta became a necessity after I had to take an unexpected trip and I came back and half my RP partners were like "WARE U GO?!" heh.
I will 100% never ever just up and disappear and never contact you again (unless, like, I die; in that case, sorry!). I do not just drop people and ignore them. If I'm having trouble with a RP or inspiration, I may be slower than usual, or I may tell you so we can collaborate (or just stop, if we don't work well together), but I will NOT just stop replying. So please don't fret if you have not heard from me in a few days. There are simply just times when I cannot get online, for one reason (busy life, travel, health, etc) or another.
Currently the only 'away time' I know about is going to be from December 5th - December 10th, there around.