Are you sitting at home, bored with nothing to do? Need a little more excitement in your life? Why not tune in to Men of Steel?! The only show that gives you power armor combat carnage, using our very own biologically grown and synthetically enhanced "contestants"! Each contestant is part of a team of two, and two teams face off in the arenas of The Iron Rim. After a preset number of arena victories have been met, all surviving teams will be admitted into The Labyrinth; a randomly shifting maze of halls and passages funneling contestants into specially themed arenas.
What more could you possibly want?! Men of Steel has all the carnage you need to quench your thirst for blood! Get tickets or talk to your television provider TODAY!
The Iron Rim
Welcome to The Iron Rim; a large complex of arenas surrounded by a large 200 foot tall circular wall of 10 inch thick titanium, supported internally with concrete and steel support structures. You may be wondering, why is it called "The Iron Rim"? Well, the rim of the walls around the complex are lined with iron plates, not to mention the overall dreary sort of steampunk appearance that the facility naturally has.
Here is where you, the contestants, will stay. You get access to your own individual rooms, a single personal servant, as much food and drink as you can ingest, and the ability to design your personal set of power armor. Only rule about food and drink: no alcoholic beverages within 24 hours before a scheduled fight.
Located in the center of The Iron Rim, this structure is a randomly shifting series of halls, passages, and arenas made to "spice things up". Saved as the last event in the "Men of Steel" seasons, year after year since it was made.
Each contestant is given a set of personalized power armor for use in the arena. Each suit comes standard with a dual-connection neural uplink, used to connect the minds of each team so that they can cooperate seamlessly in combat. However, a side-effect of the neural link is that all memories, thoughts, and feelings are shared with both users on the team.
Each contestant's combat statistics are measured from 1 to 10. The categories displayed in the statistical readout are: Armor rating, Attack rating, Strength rating, Energy rating, Speed rating, and Mobility rating.
Finally, each contestant is given 30 rating points worth of tech upgrades at the start of each season. These are used to configure stats to those the contestant desires.
RULES AND REGULATIONS: BOTH OOC, AND IC
1.A No godmodding or metagaming, I will occasionally have an NPC auto hit; but ONLY if I want to keep them alive.
1.B Please keep autohits to a minimum. Some are allowed because of specific circumstances, but you still CANNOT kill another player's character without their permission. -Unless they're past the unexplained absence deadline and I allow you to do so-
2.A Your stats must add up to exactly 30 before your character is accepted.
2.B Please abide by the limitations of the stats you choose. All stat categories must have at least one point in them. -round down on your energy when using power moves-
3. You might want to keep in contact with your partner through PMs, though also remember your characters can communicate telepathically when neurally linked. Cooperation is key to victory and true enjoyment of the story.
4.A If your partner is killed, you cannot compete in the arenas until you have a new one.
4.B If you have enough wins to qualify for the Labyrinth, and do not have a partner, you are awarded 5 rating points of upgrades as compensation.
5. Fighting is not allowed outside of matches, violators of this rule will be suspended indefinitely. (Includes OOC *wink wink*)
6. Your special move can only be used once per match, and absolutely MUST drain ALL of your energy. The effectiveness allowed for the move is determined by your energy levels. -Your energy "recharges" every post-
7. If you disappear for a week, with NO prior notification, be aware that your character will be killed.
8. Make sure your spelling and grammer are understandable at the very least, and there is a 3 sentence minimum.
9. Write "bring it on!" In the 'other' section of your character sheet if you've read these rules.