Okay! Yeah! Class's over, time to do some 'splainin'.
The (In-Character) Rules of the Game
- To begin the game, you must perform Kokkuri-san under certain instructions
- Once the game is begun, a Fox is chosen.
- To reach the end of the game, you must kill the Fox.
- If you are unable to find the Fox, everybody dies.
- While searching for the Fox, messages from 'Kokkuri-san' will be distributed.
- The demands within these messages must be fulfilled within a week or you will die.
- If anybody not playing the Fox Game reads the contents of the message, they will die.
- Once a body has been found, a trial between the players will commence after a 24 hour 'evidence gathering' period.
- At the end of the trial, a vote will be taken to decide who is executed as the 'Fox', whether they killed the victim or not.
- Everyday at 2:30AM, there will be an announcement of the day's deaths.
- Until you end the game, there's no way out.
The (Out of Character) Rules of the Game (that have nothing to do with the generic rules)
- Contrary to popular belief, I'll be picking a Fox near the end of the game, rather than the beginning.
- To kill a player, send me a PM detailing which one of your characters is going to be executed, who you want to kill (yes you can kill your own characters), the murder location, and a preferred urban legend/creepypasta/etc to base the crime scene off. I will be adding evidence as I see fit (easy evidence first few, getting harder as the kills go on) so you can't pull off a 'perfect kill'.
- The true Fox is the one killing people 9/10. However, you can have your character kill another under assumption that they're the Fox, in which case you don't have to base it off a legend.
- I hid a plot point in one of the rules section, BTW.
- If all of your characters are killed except for one, that character is immune from being killed (unless otherwise stated)
- I will be participating in the trials, but I won't be the one to solve them. Just giving nudges every now and then in the right direction
- Quite obviously I will be the one making the big crime scene posts.
- Don't ask me about what happens when two people send me PMs wanting to kill each other's character.
- If nobody wants to kill anyone in a reasonable amount of time, I'll just pull up an RNG and pick two characters to die that way.
- Might add on to these.
Kokkuri-san: Basically the Japanese equivalent to a Ouija Board, except not sold at stores. To play Kokkuri-san, you require two people to work and is performed on a fresh sheet of paper with the alphabet, 0-9, yes, no, entrance/exit, and a torii/shrine gate written on it. Other than that, it runs more or less the same as a Western Ouija Board. The name describes both the game and the spirit supposedly being summoned.