Hope's Peak Academy: Despair Mafia (A Danganronpa RP/Mafia) [OOC]
(This is a SPOILER-FREE Dangan Ronpa themed RP Mafia game! No knowledge of Dangan Ronpa is required to play!)
Hope’s Peak academy…a super-exclusive academy, aspiring to gather and cultivate high school students excelling in their respective academic fields. It’s said that graduating this school leads to certain success in life.
To be accepted as a student, there are two qualifications:
"You must be currently enrolled at a high school"
"You must super-excel at your field of expertise"
The school does not advertise for new students or accept applications. Enrollment is by invitation only.
And in front of this school is where you currently stand...
You are excited to begin your new school life and hope to make new friends...
Unbeknownst to you however, Your new school life is about to become a living nightmare as you are about to engage yourself in deadly game of wits and survival where there is nothing but Despair...
Essentially. This is a Danganronpa themed version of the popular party game Mafia where there are two main factions namely the Town and Mafia whose goal is to eliminate each other. Each player is given specific roles that will help their faction achieve their goals. Unlike most Mafia games, This version of Mafia is designed to put more emphasis on RP rather than just performing your roles and voting people to be lynched. This will be a 12 player game though I may allow more players depending on the amount of interest. As stated above, You don't need to have prior knowledge of Danganronpa to participate and ill be providing everything you need to know in terms of the rules, roles and locations.
1. This game is good for 12 players.
2. There are two main factions namely "SHSL Hope" and "SHSL Despair" each having their own goals to win.
3. Each faction has its own set of roles which players may possess to help their faction achieve its goals.
4. There will be one player who's role is to kill other players and is referred to as the SHSL Serial Killer who is aligned with SHSL Despair.
5. The goal of SHSL Hope is to eliminate the SHSL Serial Killer before he kills them all while the goal of SHSL Despair is to eliminate all members of SHSL Hope.
6. There will be three phases for each round namely: Day Phase, Night Phase and Class Trial Phase. (More will be explained below.)
Roles and Alignments
1. Each player is randomly given specific roles or "Night Abilities" which they can use during Night Phase. You do not choose your role.
2. The role they are given also determines which faction they belong to. (Though you may have the option of choosing your alignment before being given your role.)
3. Players do not know each other's roles and alignments and they are not allowed to tell anyone even in PM's.
4. Some roles allow you to kill other players. others allow you to protect players, gather information or block their abilities.
5. If you wish to use your Night abilities, You must send a PM to the Head Master during Night Phase. Do NOT post your actions on the thread.
Super High-School Level Titles
1. Each player has their own unique and exceptional talents thus they are referred to as "Super High-School Level".
2. A player has two titles which is their RP Title and Night Title.
3. RP Titles represents their true talents which are known by everyone.
4. Night Titles represents their roles and abilities during Night Phase and isn't known to others.
1. Day Phase is purely RP based. This is where players get the chance to explore Hope's Peak Academy and mingle with the other players getting to know them better and possibly form friendships and alliances.
2. At first, Players have limited access to certain areas within the school but as the game progresses, new areas of the school will be unlocked and accessible.
3. After a certain period of time, The Night Phase will begin.
1. Night Phase is where players can use their Night Abilities.
2. During Night Phase, Each player must send a PM to the Head Master if they wish to use their abilities for that night.
3. Players have the option where or not they want to use their abilities that night though its highly recommended that they do.
4. If a player is killed during Night Phase then the Class Trial Phase begins.
Class Trial Phase
1. The Class Trial Phase only occurs when a player has been murdered during the Night Phase. If no one is killed during the Night Phase then the Class Trial Phase is skipped for that round and Day Phase starts again.
2. During the Class Trial Phase, Players will debate among themselves in an attempt to draw suspicion towards others and determine who the SHSL Serial Killer is.
3. After a certain period of time. All players must vote for a player who they think is the SHSL Serial Killer by sending a PM to the Head Master.
4. The player with the most votes will be "executed" and eliminated from the game.
5. If the SHSL Serial Killer is found and executed then all members of SHSL Despair are also executed and SHSL Hope wins.
6. Once the Class Trial Phase ends, Day Phase will begin once again.
7. The game continues until either the SHSL Serial Killer is executed or all members of SHSL Hope are killed.
List of roles
Super High-School Level Hope
1. Super High-School Level Detective
Can select one player to investigate each night. The target player's alignment is revealed to them. Before the Class Trial Phase begins, they may choose to reveal this information by sending a PM to the Head Master.
2. Super High-School Level Nurse
Can select one player each night to protect. The target player won't be killed for the night.
3. Super High-School Level Bulletproof
Has no night action but is immune to Night kills. May only be killed if Memory Blocked or executed during the Class Trial Phase.
4. Super High-School Level Bodyguard
Can select one player to protect each night. If the target player has been voted to be executed, This player will take their place and is executed instead.
5. Super High-School Level Trader
Can select two players each night and swap their positions. If anyone targets any of the swapped players during the Night Phase, (Regardless of the action) The action is redirected to the other.
6. Super High School Lever Double Voter
Has no night ability but can vote twice for a single player during the Class Trial Phase.
Super High-School Level Despair
1. Super High-School Level Serial Killer
Can kill one player each night. If investigated, their result will always show as "Hope". If executed, SHSL Hope wins.
2. Super High-School Level Mole
Can select one player each night to investigate. The target player's role will be revealed to them. Before the Class Trial Phase begins, they may choose to reveal this information by sending a PM to the Head Master.
3. Super-High School Level Memory Blocker
Can select one player each night. The target player's role is nullified for that night.
4. Super High School Level Framer
Can select one player each night. If the target player is investigated by the SHSL Detective, Their result will always show as the opposite of their actual alignment.
5. Super High-School Level Grave Robber
Can select one player each night. If the target player is either killed or executed, this player takes their role and becomes their permanent role for the rest of the game.
6. Super High School Level Manipulator
Has no night action. During the Class Trial Phase however aside from casting their own vote, they may also select one player and change their vote towards the player that this player had voted themselves regardless who the target player voted for. The manipulated vote isn't reflected in the voting results.
Map of Hope's Peak Academy (More to be added soon)
Hope's Peak Academy's 1F
2. Audio/Visual Room
5. Classroom 1-A
6. Classroom 1-B
7. School Shop
8. Entrance Hall (Blocked)
9. Courtroom Elevator (Off Limits)
10. Entrance to Dormitory, 1F
11. Stairs to 2F (Blocked)
4. Kitchen Store Room.
5. Dressing Room
6. Large Bath
8. Laundry Room
10 Incenerator/Trash Room
11. Entrance to Hope's Peak Academy First Floor.
12. Stairs to 2F (Blocked)
How to apply?
Please fill up the Character Sheet below:
Name: Age: Gender: SHSL Title: (Your RP Title) Accomplishments: (Those related to your title) Likes: Dislikes: Bio: Appearance: (Can be description or picture)
Questions and suggestions are welcome. ^_^
Last edited by Aya Enoshima; 10-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.