Since the Arena board has a grand maximum of about 5 users on it at a time, I thought I'd see how well this idea goes over in something more populated like Casual.
Essentially, this is a combat-driven roleplay that uses the game mechanics found in the Fire Emblem games, turn based fantasy combat. It would have no real story at all, just strategy pvp and pve. Please hear me out though.
Players would still be able to make their own character, who would be their Lord class unit they use in battle along side the rest of their army of hand-picked unit archtypes.
Main features I had planned for this:
- Strategic and turn based combat with armies controlled by each player.
- Availability for both pvp and co-op gameplay.
- Dynamic game types such as Slayer/Deathmatch, VIP, CTF, Wave Survival, etc.
- Multiple maps to play on, with more to come in the future.
- Widely customizable character creation such as weapon options, stat growth preferences, and class promotion/reclassing options.
- Unique skills and stat builds for each class.
- Record keeping to save win/loss records, leveling up, and other life-time statistics.
- Very lose barrier of entry allows players to join/drop out at any time, even long after the game starts. Players who "drop out" will still have their stats on record should they ever decide to return.
- Match-making on request: Being able to play matches against other players by organizing duels/grudge matches/battle scenarios in the OOC.
I suppose that if players wanted, writing IC can be allowed if you guys want to come up with some generic plot or something, but otherwise I had no campaign made at all.
I think this is a very dynamic and original roleplay idea, and it's a shame that the board it was intended for is barley alive. If this is something that really shouldn't be on anything other than Arena, then I can try rebooting this in the Arena again for those who are interested.