A Few Necessary Words Before We Begin:
Before we go any further, I'd just like to make a couple points clear. Things are about to get pretty real, pretty quick.
- I'm a relatively busy person. Along with college, work and maintaining a relatively dormant social life, I don't have all the time in the world. Maybe you do, that's cool. But I'm not going to be available all the time; whether I'm out fighting crime, or sweating through the books for a project, I don't want to feel pestered and pressured here. I write to unwind, and the second it starts feeling like a chore, my interest is going to crash like stocks in myspace. I'll be here most days, and posting relatively actively, but if your the kind of person who expects multiple posts a day (and that's cool too), chances are we aren't going to get along very well. So go ahead and hit that back button, this isn't the page for you.
- I consider myself a pretty decent writer half the time. I'm not saying I expect Edgar Allen Poe grade literature, but I am looking for someone who can bring a few good, well developed and compelling paragraphs per post. Some posts may be longer or shorter than others, I get that, but as long as the quality is there, the quantity isn't a killer.
- Like every NPC in every RPG that has ever existed, I expect something in return when we write. Don't worry, I'm not trying to hustle you out of a few gold coins. What I mean is, I want you to bring just as much to this as I do; give me something to work off when you post, advanced the story where you want it to go, and I promise to do the same. This is a team effort, so lets pull together and make something we'll both enjoy.
- Talk to me. I mean it, I know I've started off on a pretty serious note here, but I'm not going to bite; I like to get to know people I'm writing with, so don't shy away from conversation. I'm friendly, honest.
And on that note, lets begin! Off we gooooooo.... *Imagine impressive visual effects that transition to the next paragraph. Something involving Llamas.*
Welcome, friend! I'm Pete, nice to meet ya'.
Thanks for clicking on my ol' little interest check. Make yourself at home, put your feet up and relax; do you take sugar with your tea? Milk?
Basically, I'm looking for some new people to role-play with. I'll post some of my interests below (It's by no means an exhaustive list), so drop me a PM and we can get talking, see if we can brew something up together. But first, here's a few little things about me, to break the ice... the metaphorical ice... as in social awkwardness... yeah.
- I'm not overly fond of cats, unlike the rest of the internet. I see them as soulless beings that prey on the lonely.
- I was the originally choice for Peter Parking in the casting of The Amazing Spiderman, but turned down the role due to prior commitments to the upcoming Twilight Remake, of which I play Bella.
- The ukulele is the greatest instrument of our time.
There we go, don't you feel more comfortable now? Why don't you tell me a few things about you? What's your favourite animal? Is it an Alpaca? I bet it's an Alpaca.
And now, onto the role-playing. Here are a few of my interests:
- Fantasy. Good ol', classic fantasy. I'm talking Elves, witches, dragons... you know what I'm talking about.
- Horror. Ah, a bit of gore and blood. When I say a bit, I mean a lot. I'm always one for a dark, despair filled role-play that puts a shiver up the spine, and leaves me sleeping with the night-light on.
- Modern. Yeah, I'm all for a real, hard hitting role-play. Something possibly down to earth and realistic, but still jaw-droppingly gripping.
- Romance. Because what's a story without a bit of love, eh?
- Futuristic. As a major fan of Halo and Mass Effect, there isn't much that would get in the way of me and a space-fairing role-play. Maybe something in a dystopian future, or a species on the brink of war? It's all good.
There's a lot more, but I'm having trouble thinking of them right now; hey, it's not easy being on the spot like this. Also, all of my role-plays take on mature themes, because I can't right child-friendly stories to save my life. What can I say, I love violence, horror, gore, everything that comes with a bit of maturity.
... I think that's everything, for now. If you like what you've read, drop me a PM, E-mail me, Skype, whatever. I look forward to hearing from you... now. Seriously, message me right now. What're you waiting for? ... good.