[Notice]: We are not currently accepting applications. If you would like to join, PM me and we can talk. Thanks
"Independence. A word that to many throughout history has meant freedom, sovereignty, self-rule, and even sacrifice, and those definitions remain true even to today's people of the Wasteland; this war torn ruin of a once great nation. Though, those aren't the only definitions of the word, in fact, for us few here inside these gates, doing everything we can to survive the hells of the Mojave, Independence means all of those things, but also something so much more...it means home. Welcome home."
-Dr. Oliver Freeman, Mayor of Independence
This is the official OOC Thread for the RP Fallout: Independence. Here, feel free to get to know one another, for I feel as though we will have many adventures together in the near future . This is also a place where player's are free to chat and discuss the RP, ask questions, present ideas or suggestions, and hopefully have a good time all the while.
Myself (BloodVendetta), along with our friendly neighborhood LoneSilverWolf, and the borderline genius Gray Requiem are going to be GMing this game for you all, so if you have any questions or comments at all you can post them here or PM one of us and we will do our best to help you. Without Further ado...Let the OOCing BEGIN!!!!
- The year is 2306, 25 years after the events of Fallout: New Vegas, 29 years after the events of Fallout 3
- NCR won the Battle of Hoover Dam.
- The Courier finished his dealings in the Mojave Wasteland and traveled to the Great Divide, where he was never heard from again.
- Caesarís Legion has been pushed back and fragmented.
- House is dead.
- Mr. New Vegas has been replaced by a girl named Penelope "Penny" Harper; (known throughout the New Vegas area as "Sweet Pea" the daughter of two fallen Brotherhood of Steel soldiers who was taken in and raised by 3-Dog when she was just a child.
- There are rumors floating around in the NV area that several squads of Enclave Soldiers have been sighted scouting out the area. The reasons for this are unknown, but there's no shortage on theories; some believe they are looking for a new locale for an outpost. Others believe they are searching for old technology the Brotherhood of Steel hasn't yet found. The real answer, however, is not yet known.
- The Brotherhood of Steel and the NCR formed a treaty, but tensions remain high and trust is little between the two Factions. BoS presence in the Mojave has increased and the faction has begun spreading, taking over abandoned Legion territory and converting them into private outposts.
- The Great Khans aligned with the NCR, but after the Battle of Hoover Dam were unjustly forced out of the Mojave, though remnants still remain.
- Powder Gangers were eradicated from the area.
- Raider resistance still thrives throughout the Wasteland, and new Raider groups have begun appearing from the east (the 80ís that were mentioned in the Honest Hearts DLC, as well as a few original and unorganized groups).
- There have been sightings of strange ghost-like people around the outskirts of the Mojave, near the Sierra Madre area (The Ghost People from the Dead Money DLC)
- Jacobstown, home of the intelligent Super Mutants, has remained isolated and has thrived due to successful treatment for the Nightkin mental instabilities.
- NCR officially advocates the Followers of the Apocalypse in their medical support goals and have helped the Followers establish the Old Mormon Fort as a refuge for less fortunate wanderers to take up shelter and get back on their feet.
- Despite the fact that NCR has gained loose control of most of the region, riots ensue and local militias have risen in hopes of an Independent Mojave. Small rebellions seem inevitable.
- With the help of the Gun Runners, the Boomers developed a healthy trading relationship with the NCR. Eventually the Boomers began wandering out into the wasteland, while still preventing outsiders from entering Nellis.
- Business for the Gun Runners, Happy Trails, as well as the Crimson Caravan has increased and expanded.
- After the NCR victory at Hoover Dam, the temporary truce between them and The Kings blossomed into a full-scale relief effort for the people. While the NCR made repeated entreaties that Freeside join the Republic, The Kings steadfastly maintained their independence.
- For the most part, the town of New Vegas has remained the same, except that the Lucky 38 casino has shut off, the doors have sealed, the lights have turned off, and no one has gained entry. All Securitrons have shut down, and the NCR have basically taken over the town, but has not changed the way things function for the sake of morale.
- The Tops Casino has remained unchanged other than it is under new management. The Ultraluxe Casino has overcome its dark history and there is no more cannibalism within the establishment. The Gomorrah is still as corrupt as ever, acting as a secret hideout for remaining Legion loyalists to meet in private, scheming and planning their revenge. A new casino has risen in recent years, the New Desperado, being run by the infamous Mordino Family.
- Side Plot Point: The Black Mountain situation with Tabitha has been resolved, though recently, a Ghoul idealist figure named Zachariah Fairchild and his small following took the place as their home, using the Black Mountain radio equipment to spread anti-human gospels across the Mojave and inviting all Ghouls to join him at the newly appointed "Ghoul sanctuary". His following has grown over time significantly and Black Mountain has become a haven for Ghouls everywhere. Fairchild took it upon himself to begin campaigning across the Mojave, preaching in front of live audiences and inspiring Ghouls to follow them to Black Mountain. Mr. Fairchild travels with a troop of armed guards at all times considering his controversial ideals and there have been many attempts on his life; the NCR even have posted a reward for his capture.
- Side Plot Point: A new band of slavers has risen and taken the abandoned NCR Correctional Facility under their control, renaming it Pandoraís Box. The operation has thrived and has become a major thorn in the side of the NCR. Many attempts have been made to quell the slaverís operation, but all have failed. The slavers and their operation have proved devastating to the surrounding towns, especially to the inhabitants of Goodsprings and Primm. The Slaverís of Pandoraís Box conduct their business in a very professional and high-class manner, portraying their operation as superior and civilized, referring to themselves as traffickers instead of slavers. They wear suits and ties, the guards and such donning Kevlar vests and helmets that have been salvaged from the facility, as well as their professional attire.
- Side Plot Point: The fragmented remains of Caesarís Legion have retreated to the South; their presence has declined greatly within the Mojave. Occasional raids and attacks are all that remain from what was once a great and powerful faction, but this is not their end. Despite their lack of leadership and their forceful removal from the land they once saw as their empire, the faction longs to rise again. The Legion remains loyal to their ideals and in the shadows plans are made, potential leaders are stepping up to claim their place as head of the Legion, and a burning passion remains in their hearts. One day they will return and fight to take back what was stolen from them.
- Main Plot Point: Rumors will begin to spread about these hordes of merciless, ferocious, self mutilating, and cannibalistic savages that have invaded the Northwestern Shores of North America, landing in Alaska and rampaging their way through Canada. These invaders come from a dying Russia, calling themselves The Dikarí, a word meaning savage in their own tongue, and though they have not yet reached the Mojave, it seems as though this brood is on a straight line towards us, ready to rape, murder, pillage, cannibalize, and conquer their way there. Are these anything more than the simple rumors that the NCR claims them to be? If so, what do these invaders want? Why are they here? More importantly, if they are truly the threat that they have been claimed to be...can they be stopped? Or will they continue their reign of terror until they find themselves at the front door to the Mojave Wasteland? (Keep in mind please that the rumors of the Dikar' will won't begin spreading until sometime after the RP has been going on for a bit. If you have any questions regarding the matter please let me know.)
- Where do we begin?: About a year ago, a new settlement was created in the Wasteland, a place dedicated to being a refuge for those who wish to stand independent from the NCR, the BoS, and all of the other powers in the Mojave. We are members of that community, the one called Independence. Whether you want to be a founding member of the settlement, a newly joined member, or even a wandering wastelander who eventually stumbles upon Independence's doors, this RP is mainly going to be focused on the settlement and the events that directly effect it.
Just so new applicants know...we are not looking for anymore NCR or ex-NCR characters, we have enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Appearance: (Pictures are preferred, but feel free to add a physical description XD)
Race: (Human or Ghoul)
Age: (Children are allowed, just understand your role as a child would not be quite the same as an adult)
Profession: (For example, Teacher, Doctor, Militia, Hunter, Bartender, Cook/Butcher/Baker, etc...you get the point haha)
Main Skills: (Pick 3 to be tagged as your main skills, use only those that are canon within Fallout: New Vegas)
Weapons: (No crazy powerful weapons like the Fat Man or Miniguns. If you are going to carry a Heavy Weapon, such as a Rocket Launcher, you may only have 1 additional weapon with it, and it has to be light such as a pistol. For all other loadouts please just be realistic. No special weapons from the games.)
Attire: (If you wish to have Power Armor, you must either have been a member of a faction that wears it or have a justifiable reason as to why you wear it. Same with Caesarís Legion armor and others like that. No special attires from the game.)
Equipment: (These are your Stimpacks and your Canteens, your Cram and your Nuka Cola, your Bedrolls and your books, as well as any other items that are not classified as weapons or attire. Please be reasonable with the amount you have, if you couldnít carry it on you or in a pack, then you canít have it.)
History: (This should be self explanatory. You are allowed to have come from other areas of the country, but if so your story is not allowed to break canon.)
Other: (Whatever else you want to provide.)
(This will basically be a synopsis of what has happened in the RP. I will update it after every notable event)