Musings and InspirationsGreetings!
Welcome to my humble interest check thread. To state the obvious, I am currently looking for some one-on-one stories; but first, to share a little about myself....
I currently work part-time and in my spare time I have a passion for writing. I love forum role-play and I have been engaged in rp of one type or another for around 12 years. This is my favorite escape, and I don’t know that I will ever truly get enough.
Below I have an outline of my style followed by some general plot hooks. Apologies for the length, but I would prefer to be up front with my rp style/preferences.
If you have any questions, or if you are interested in writing a story, please send a PM.
Notes on my Style
- Length – I consider myself an Advanced writer, but I have a very casual mindset. I believe in quality over quantity, and will write anything from a few sentences to over a page—I will never write one-liners.
- Grammar – I would appreciate respectable grammar, but rp is meant to be fun. I do not judge or comment unless I genuinely cannot read or understand the content.
- Age - I am an adult, and am more comfortable writing with other adults. I would prefer to write with individuals over the age of 18.
- PM or Email Please – At this time, I would prefer to keep our stories in a "quiet" setting. This is not for content, but for comfort and relaxation.
- Pacing - I can post about once a day; sometimes more and sometimes less. I understand that everyone has a life and this may not be a viable pace for everyone. Please tell me your preferred pace, and tell me when you need to stop. Please be honest and up front with your needs. I will do the same for you.
- Originality – I will only write original stories. Fandoms feel wrong and they do not fulfill my creative addiction.
*Very Limited Exception: Select open-world game settings.
- Genre – I love the dark, gritty stories as well as light-hearted... okay, I do like the dark just a bit more. Graphic violence and gore does not bother me in most cases. I enjoy settings of the past, present, and the future as well as almost any genre. I would ask that all my stories have some degree of “other” (i.e. fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi, action/adventure). Stories that are too real-world just don’t do it for me.
- World Building - There is something special and rewarding about creating a unique world, whether it is fantasy, science fiction, or even some alternate reality here on earth. I very much love creating new and wondrous settings, however, if this is something we choose to do for our story, please be engaged and willing to write this story (few things are more frustrating than putting weeks into a new setting only to have the story never actually start). Also, keep in mind that we can continue to develop the setting as we write.
- Males and Females – I most commonly play women as my lead in my stories, but I can play men as well. Generally, I will find myself playing both. The best and most well-rounded stories have supporting characters.
- Romance – I love romance. It is one of my favorite genres to read and I am a hopeless romantic at heart. This always a fun element, but it is not a requirement. There are so many different types of bonds that can build between two characters, and I love to explore them all. Note: I am not a prude and do enjoy adult content, but I do ask that it be tasteful, appropriate, and not the entire point of the story.
- Communication - OOC discussion and chit-chat is a must for me. This is critical to ensure that we are both enjoying ourselves, not to mention it is an excellent ice breaker. In OOC we can coordinate and discuss the story as needed, but also it is always nice to be able to relax and have fun. Please, please, please: If through the course of our story I have stumped you, confused you, or upset you in any way let me know. If you are suffering from writer's block, or you are just not enjoying our story please let me know. Stories are fluid and easily adjusted, or we can even stop altogether. It is important that you communicate this, because I cannot fix things if I do not know something is wrong. Also, as I am sure many of you know that it is very disheartening to be "ditched." A little bit of honesty--and kindness--goes a long way.
Current Plot Hooks
The plot hooks listed below are relatively barren concepts. If interested, I would love hear your ideas and we can go from there. This should be as much your story as it is mine and I love it when you throw in your own elements and twists. I will generally have a dozen or so surprises for you too.
- The Captain’s Cargo – Two survivors wash up on a distant shore: the captain and a slave…
- Awakened – Unearthed after thousands of years, a creature of great and terrible power awakes in modern day society.
- Among Us – They walk by us on the street, thet live next door, and even work beside us. They pay taxes, have families and live their lives in peace. And yet should they ever be discovered, it could mean the end of the world as we know it…
- If you have any ideas of your own, feel free to share.