Still working on a title for the eventual IC, I haven't had any good ideas in that regards.
- Over 30 years ago a severe political shift began
- In ten years time the political landscape had changed, and with it, the actual landscape of America
- Huge gap between the haves and have-nots
- Technology has advanced, all persons born are given an implant which allows easy and near continual access to the internet and entertainment, as well as offering the government a means to track its citizens
- The government, at a glance, could look unchanged. However, no member of congress is not also on a board of a major corporation. Presidential candidates are handpicked by the industry heads and it's generally accepted that even the election from those candidates is rigged.
- The world is full of tension and violence. Another world war looks more promising every day. China's boom continued although it has recently plateaued, while Russia has experienced new growth.
- Rebel groups in the US have established themselves and a blackmarket. Drawing largely from the lower classes and those who were once middle class, they are not a group to be ignored.
- Many rebels born after the age of implants have found ways to have them removed.
- Skirmishes/"terrorist" attacks in major cities. Often small scale, though there seems to be something bigger brewing.
- A civil war at this moment, with Russia and China as a very real and present danger, would be catastrophic.
Known Info about the President
- Julia Grace Buchanan
- Age 34
- Appearance: 5'6", feminine without a frailty or vulnerability, solid build
Creamy skin just showing the lines of age and stress, some clear work and maintenance having been done to stay "youthful"
Square face, hard and knowing eyes, plump lips
- Youngest and only female president to serve
- Divorced eight years ago after only 2 years of marriage, no children
- Mother and father divorced and remarried shortly after her birth. Both parents and step-parents were in the right circles. Her mother worked in environmental law (would eventually make partner and now serves in the Senate). Her father passed away two years ago after suffering two heart attacks in the same year. He was the CFO of a large biotech company.
- Claims ancestry to the 15th president of the US.
- Studied at Harvard and then Oxford, international law
- Started her own firm, gained a huge and varied clientele list
- Elected just over a year ago after a special election being called for with the unexpected resignation of the former president
A rough sketch since it took me longer to get home and settled than expected. I may or may not make this prettier tomorrow, but it's a start I think. :3