HISTORY OF THE CORPS...
It is true... There is an infinite amount of universes, each one unique in it's own way with it's own rules and unique individuals and timelines.
However, transcending the multiverse lie two omniscient, equally powerful entities, far more powerful than any conceivable gods or other powerful beings known.
One represents light. Order. Peace. Harmony.
The other? Well... The opposite.
Darkness. Discord. Destruction. Chaos...
CelestiaThe entity of light, Celestia believes in peace and order among the multiverse and is the driving force in the creation of heroes able to repel evil born from her dark counterpart. Even those who were born from the dark have unknowingly been able to be touched by her light, and have been able to have the redemption they seek, however, some of her champions have been able to be turned. Nonetheless, she continues to be the source of all that is good, and will always fight for the light until it prevails.
InfernusThe entity of darkness, Celestia's counterpart has a eternally unsatisfied appetite for havoc and discord among the universes, and is the overseer in the creation of evil vessels with the purpose of ruining innocent lives and to spread destruction about the world they inhabit and beyond. He has even been able to taint those who were born of light and turn them to the powers of chaos, with very few of them able to overcome the darkness within. But it can be done, even for those who have always known darkness and wish to be a force for good. Infernus has no honor, and will do anything he believes will help him destroy the beautiful embodiment of light so that evil and chaos reign supreme. And by tapping into the power of the "Univoid", and using his powers to pull villains and those of pure evil from their universes to serve him as his generals, it would appear he has finally tipped the scales in his favor...
And for as long as time itself, these two powers have been waging a secret war. Equaled in strength, there was never a clear victor. But it would seem that Evil has taken to a new strategy...
Recruiting an army, and equipping those the most loyal to his cause with the power to travel to any universe at any given time and cause untold amounts of destruction with minions born from dark energy. Creatures known as "Voids", hailing from residual plane of pure darkness left over from the previous incarnation of the multiverse, who will obey anyone with an evil enough soul, especially the chosen lieutenants of the entity of darkness, plucked from the multiverse itself.
Infernus then established a new home for his army to amass and his generals to prepare to wreak continuous havoc upon the worlds, and named it the "Darkplane". It serves as the main base for his "Agents".
Seeing the growing threat, Celestia decided she would need to amass her own army to restore balance. One that would inhabit a plane shielded from darkness, known as the "Lightworld". A base where her "Chosen" would assemble into smaller teams and travel the multiverse to combat the threat of Infernus' forces.
Welcome, my friends... To the Infinity Corps.
* * *
Assistant Gamemasters: N/A
An advanced RPG, this is a game where, due to the game's established backstory, you can play any character from any work of fiction. Ever. From Harry Potter to Batman to Vegeta. From Mario to Altair. From Lion-O to Luke Skywalker. Anyone. Any version. Anywhere. Any time. Original. Mainstream. Elseworlds. What-Ifs. You name it.
The possibilities are... Infinite.
Good or Evil. Chosen or Agent. You can play either side of the conflict, or even just a character from a universe that the Agents or the Chosen are currently visiting. These neutral characters are called "Mission Related Characters", or "MRC" for short, and are the third and final option for character alignment available at this time.
1) You may play any character: pre-established, original and new interpretations of existing characters are all allowed. HOWEVER, for the sake of keeping some semblance of order and to prevent players from going on multi-universal rampages, you will not be able to play any Godlike beings of any sort. Characters like Superman and Thor are okay, but characters like the Monitors and the Beyonder and the like who can do practically ANYTHING are not.
2) While it is true that your character will find themselves traveling from world to world and universe to universe, they will NOT be doing so on their own accord and all willy-nilly. The fact is, they are being sent to a specific place with a specific mission to complete (or possibly fail). Once this task has been resolved, then your character will be able to return to their home-plane (either "Lightworld" or the "Darkplane") through the power of their respective entity and after having had the chance to regroup and prepare, they will be sent to their next mission in the next world. Any violations of this rule and abuse of the multiversal travel mechanic will result in a warning and possible expulsion from the game.
3) New and/or 'unproven' players will be allowed one character at the start. Veteran players or those who prove they can handle multiple characters will be allowed two characters, and eventually a third (though whether a third is allowed will be on a case-by-case basis to be determined by the GM and AGM). Players must post at least once every 30 days (14 preferably) or they will lose their character and have to re-apply. If this happens three times, or if you drop a character after only a handful of posts multiple times, you will not be allowed to apply for the game again.
4) PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe or nuking Gotham City or New York, either.
5) Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to, nor do they necessarily have to let you in on a storyline that is only meant for specific characters. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.
6) When your character and their team has arrived in a new universe's world, they may then travel wherever they please, so long as do so within said character's capabilities, including space. Time-travel, however, will require GM approval on a case-by-case basis and will need to A) make sense from a story stand point, and B) not convolute the continuity and scare away new players.
7) You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character, not just yourself with the character's powers.
8) Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Guild Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.
9) Respect the other players. Constructive criticism is fine, but flaming or trying to run players off just because you don't like they way they do things is not okay. Remember, it's the GM's job, not yours, to point out if there's a problem.
10) All regular Guild rules apply.
12) Above all else, have some fun. The storyline possibilities are endless, so do something crazy-awesome.
"The Infinity Corps." Application
Character You Would Like To Play (list codename along with real name if applicable):
Character Type (Chosen, Agent, or MRC [Mission Related Character] and, if they are a MRC, are they a Hero, Walking the Line or Villain?):
Universe History (give a brief description of the universe your character hails from):
Character History/Personality (give as detailed a rundown on your character's history and personality as possible):
Known Chosen/Agent Teammates (list the PC/NPC characters your character is teamed with):
What can you bring to this game?:
Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 medium-sized paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue in the style you plan on playing your character in):
See you all on the battlefield.