Why hello there.
I’ve recently gotten back into RPing on the site and I've been taking it a little slow up until now, only doing one RP and one Duo at a time, and I find myself feeling confident enough that I can bump this count up to two or three duos. As such, I am currently looking for a partner or two who might be intrigued by some of the RP concepts I have brewing in my mind. I always place myself as a High-Casual/Advanced RP-er, so just to highlight the standards I intend to bring to the table…
- I always look to post at least 300-500 words as a bare minimum.
- I try and post at least once a day, but it may be once every two days.
- I like to maintain a friendly and adult rapport with whoever I'm role-playing with. If I think there is an issue that needs raising, I'll shoot you a PM
- I have a life outside this place, I'll generally shoot you a PM if i think I'm going to be swamped down by something
- I love OOC chat: If a partner shoots me an OOC message then I'll always respond as quickly as possible.
- I will wait at least a week before cutting ties with an RP due to inactivity. I understand that people have lives and am happy to wait for a good RP.
- Although my little plots often involve romantic elements, they don't always and it should be taken as a case by case basis. On the list will be a number of RP's which are either intended for or open to simple friendships or platonic male relationships. The core of my Duos are not romance or lust, but tension between two characters and the world they immerse themselves in.
I'm not going to post a list of what I expect of other people, I feel that would be silly because I'm sure most of you are fully aware of what people seek. It's basically the same list on every person's interest check.
So, without further ado, here are a list of Fanon's I'd be interested in playing. (None of these come with a particular plot, so any choice would need to be ironed out before we began.)
(I could be convinced to play certain characters from the universes, but have no particular desire or inclination to force one upon a partner.)
- One Piece
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Gagann
- The Breaker (+New Waves)
- Fairy Tail
- D.Gray Man
- Soul Eater
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Ao No Exorcist
(These would be OC characters in the selected universe. Again, without plot.)
- Dark Souls
- Elder Scrolls
- Dragon Age
- Mass Effect
- Farcry (Specifically Farcry 3)
- League of Legends
- Kingdom Hearts
- Fire Emblem
- Warbreaker (Brandon Sanderson's)
- Middle Earth
- Inheritance Saga (Paolini)
(As the title implies, these are settings without a particular world attached to them except a broad set of conventions. It gives us a lot more space to work with and a chance to craft the world and the setting together. None of these are mutually exclusive, I.e. A High Fantasy world in which humanity is nearly wiped out by ___)
- High Fantasy in general
- Warring kingdoms
- Feudal Japan
- Roman Society
- Post-Apocalyptic: Invasion
- Post-Apocalyptic: Near Extinction
- Hidden Fantasy (Basically the concept of the world of myth being hidden inside our own world. Think "The Wolf Among us.")
- Ancient Greece
- Open to suggestions; The only thing I would steer clear of is Slice o' life, Zombies and Schools.
Here are just a couple of ideas I have floating around in my head. None of them are particularly fleshed out, so there is still plenty of room to improve on the premise.
Star wars ToR setting-Sith Apprentice//Jedi
A Jedi is given a mission to protect a relatively important civilian (contractor, politician etc.) whereas Sith Apprentice has a rather diametrically opposed contract: the assassination of aforementioned civilian. The two will meet, perhaps a few times before the actual contract and then fate will take hold and force the two warriors to clash in a flurry of blades and wills. What happens between the two is open for debate; Will the Sith and Jedi kill each other? Will The Sith find redemption and a way onto the path of the force or will the Jedi fall to temptation and the dark side?
When in Rome-Gladiatorial RP
In the golden ages of the Roman Empire, a person's worth was measured almost as much by their quality and quantity of slaves, as they were of any personal worth. Gold rules all, and Slaves cost a hefty bit of gold. As such, it makes sense that members of ruling houses are given tribute through both the currency of gold and the currency of people.
This RP has a couple directions it can go: For one, there is the option of having two Gladiators either rivals or friends which opens up a tonne of varying paths; conflict, friendship, betrayal or rebellion. The other obvious path is a Gladiator being brought by a noble, the obvious tension being between the burden of ownership vs the raw power of a trained killer of men.
Honour amongst Killers-Renaissance style Assassin vs Assassin
The Renaissance was not a place of honour, nor was it a place of fair play. Politics was dominated by who had the biggest wallet and the smallest target on their back: for it was not impossible for a man to be killed off for being opposed to another man's schemes. The men of the court lacked honour, for sure: but the men and women who ended schemes, the assassins of Italy and France were far more honourable. They took pride in their work and found great honour in their art. The gold didn't hurt either, but still...
...Enter the mark: one Marco De'Fiore. A man who has managed to paint such a large bullseye on his back that not one, but two separate assassins have been contracted to kill him. The poor fool Marco's fate is already sealed: his blood is ready to act as the ink: but whose name shall be the signature that signs his death warrant?
If anything catches your fancy, be it one of my mediocre musings or one of the settings, feel free to message me here or via PM: I shall answer both as promptly as I can.