Hey everybody! I'm looking for some new RP partners for a couple of supernatural action/romance RPs - I suppose I should here point out that I'm not exactly talking about Supernatural the TV show, I simply mean that my preferred RPs involve magic or monsters of some type.
So, here are some ground rules for my RPs:
- Try to avoid one sentence responses. If we're RPing a conversation, I get that you can't write out a long post when your character is essentially saying something short and then waiting for a response, but try to include some reactions or internal thoughts or whatever to flesh out the character. Sometimes that's not reasonable given the conversation and that's fine. Just avoid responses that are really short where possible.
- Proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure are important. I'm not going to call you out on a typo or some insanely obscure grammar rule, but please use capitals and punctuation where appropriate.
- I like mature roleplay. That means all forms of mature RP: violence, gore, sex, cursing, you name it. However, I'm not interested in a roleplay that's made entirely up of sex or action. Character development is important! And please, please, please be familiar enough with the act/biology of a person to create a convincing scene - if you're not particularly familiar with the mechanics of sex, I'm fine with that and would still love to RP with you, but if that's the case, let's fade to black instead.
- I prefer RPing in either a thread or a discussion group. I can be convinced to RP over PM if you would prefer but, in that case, I have certain requests concerning format that we can talk about over PM should we decide to RP that way!
- I have a preference for playing strong female characters, but I could be convinced to play a male with the right partner.
- I'm interested in a romance in all cases, but would prefer said romances to be developed slowly and convincingly. That doesn't mean that they can't have an immediate sexual tension or attraction. Heck, they could even start sleeping together right off the bat. The key is that, if we decide to rush them into a physical relationship, it would be just that: purely physical. At least, initially. Feelings don't develop that quickly!
These rules are not set in stone. If breaking one would get us a better RP, then do so - but only if doing so would notably improve the plot/character in some way. I can't personally think of a situation in which breaking the rules would actually improve a plot so, at the very least, such situations will probably come up very rarely and so license to break these rules should be used sparingly.
Okay! So onto the possible plots!
Oracle x Skinwalker
The world is full of monsters. There are terrible creatures that hunt humanity in secret - vampires, zombies, ghosts and worse. A young woman develops the ability to see the future and starts witnessing gruesome murders committed by these creatures. She begins to fight them, thinking herself the lone protector of humanity against these evil beings. She is unaware that other supernatural beings, ones more inclined to protect the ignorant masses, also exist. Her first encounter with such a being occurs when a skinwalker - a werecreature - saves her life. At the same time, the Consortium, a group of humans who use magical artifacts to fight monsters (and are not inclined to see the difference between a 'good monster' and an evil one) starts to notice this girl and decides they might be able to make use of her power... whether she is willing or not.
In this RP, I would play the female oracle and my partner would play the male skinwalker. I'd like for them to develop a romance, to fight monsters hunting humanity and dodge the Consortium's attempts to kidnap the oracle and kill the skinwalker. There are a bunch of potential directions this RP could go. If you're interested, we can discuss some of them and decide where we want to take it!
Assassin x Thief
A young woman has been raised nearly from birth to act as the personal hound of a vampire lord, with blood-borne magic of a powerful and dangerous type. A young man has recently risen to the top of Interpol's most wanted list as a talented art/jewel/information thief, possibly with the aid of strange powers of his own. Both attempt to break into the same location at the same time - she to murder the influential owner of the villa, and he to steal the owner's prized possession. Neither expected the presence of the other, which causes each of them to fail in their tasks and brings down the wrath of the authorities on them both. On the run and forced to depend on each other, the pair must learn to work together or die trying.
This RP is the only one of the group that could potentially drop the supernatural bent: it would be simple enough to declare the woman a hound for a crime lord instead, and to get rid of her blood magic abilities. Magic is intended to be limited and costly in this RP if it does exist. I would play the assassin, you would play the thief. I was thinking the relationship in this RP would start with the pair being at each other's throats and developing from there. I was thinking this one would be a darker RP, involving more graphic violence and other such nastiness.
This RP is a little different from the others in that I really only have an idea for my character and for the world. It would take place in a high fantasy universe (think Lord of the Rings, Eragon, Dungeons and Dragons, etc). She is a sorceress - a woman with magic. Because women are not generally treated equally to men and because magic among women is quite rare, women are not permitted to go to the Arcane Academy, where wizards (men with magic) are taught how to use their powers responsibly. The result is that women who have magic are almost universally distrusted and many sorceresses (because power has a tendency to corrupt, particularly when said power is not tempered with knowledge) give the people of the world plenty of reason to distrust them. My character struggles with her nature and tries to do right but, because it's practically impossible for her to get a job or marry because of her powers and their physical manifestation (she has bright silver eyes that mark her as a sorceress), she is often forced to resort to crime or violence simply to survive.
Your character, then, could be just about anyone. A knight, a blacksmith, a street rat - it's up to you to pick your character archetype. As long as your character would lend themselves to a great story, I'm happy! The rest of the plot is also rather fluid - I was considering the idea of allowing the 'main plot' to be yours (that is, something your character is trying to do that my character would help with, rather than the other way around).
Steampunk Sky Pirates
The Leviathan - a massive airship thought lost after an accident many years ago - has reappeared in the Seven Skies. Around the same time, a captain without a ship receives a note inviting him to a clandestine meeting in the free city of Archon: the city of pirates. There, he meets with a young woman, a savant engineer, who weaves for him a story about an airship that requires almost no crew and promises him wealth and power in exchange for his aid... for the new Leviathan needs a real captain, and a crew of hardened men who will follow him. "I have a ship without a crew," she says, "and you a crew without a ship."
In this RP, we would play as pirates on the mechanized airship The Leviathan. Basically, the concept is that the ship flies itself with minimal control from other people. I would play the engineer, who found the ship's wreck and rebuilt it as the current wonder that it has become. She seeks out the pirate captain - played by my partner - because a ship like that still needs a small crew for boarding actions and other such attacks.
This plot involves Loghain having succeeded in killing all the Wardens at Ostagar - an elven aspostate was recruited but was not present at the battle. She has not Joined the Wardens yet and now seeks some way to perform the Joining without an actual Warden. The initial plot would follow Warden's Keep, approximately, and then after that, could loosely follow the events of the game but, naturally, would likely differ pretty significantly in many ways. My character would be the apostate, you would play a companion seeking to help her end the Blight for reasons of your own. You are welcome to play any of the existing companions or a new one.
I would also be very happy to hear any ideas you might have for a Dragon Age RP, if you're interested in playing something else!
During the Old Republic era, the Republic has finally encountered its lost enemy: the Sith Empire. War is broiling below the surface, and is about to break out. Cast out of the Academy as an apprentice for her adamant refusal to accept the Jedi teachings that emotion leads only to darkness, a young Force user seeks to continue working for the Republic in a less strict environment, and stumbles upon a smuggler and his ship working behind enemy lines to get weapons and other materials to Republic forces on the front.
The identity of my partner's character (the smuggler) is not set in stone, but I am seeking something more roguish and less strict military. I am not, however, looking for a master/apprentice relationship. Your character could also be a Force user, if you so choose, but the characters should be about evenly matched and act more as partners.