Welcome to New York City.
America, the land of opportunity. The year is 1943 and NY habitats over 700,000+ people. Immigrants are flowing into the city daily and by the 1000's. Currently America is at war and troops are being sent over seas to all sorts of places like Normandy, Sicily, Africa, and others. New York City is divided into 4 main cities: The Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Each part in NY is filled with booming lights, dance clubs, Diners, and all sorts of wonderful things.
But where there is good will come bad. Some of the biggest under the radar trades happen to be Bootlegging, Drugs, Prostitution, and more. In the last 10 years, the crime rate has been through the roof, and it's not getting any better. Some parts of the city are beautiful, when other parts look like the most disgusting hell-hole you might ever see in your entire life. A lot of the streets are owned by various small-time gangs roaming around that only want to start trouble and rob people shitless. There's only two choices here: To break your back lifting boxes all day, or get with a criminal syndicate. They say the working mans a sucker, but the working man won't get killed.
1. All normal Roleplayerguild.com rules apply here.
2. Respect all users in the OOC and Interest Check (Not like you're going to post there anymore.)
3. No metagaming.
4. If you're attacking someone by surprise, you may connect your attack in a single post. If you're in a brawl or some kind of other action scene, make two posts and try to be realistic when it happens. If there's any sort of disagreement, then the GM (Myself) will have to settle it.
5. Your posts must not be shorter than 8 sentences.
6. If you do not have something posted within a week, then you will be booted out of the RP and taken control by another person, or assumed dead. Make sure to notify me if you're going to have a long absence.
7. No godmoding. If you die then that's it.
8. You must have a somewhat good reason to kill someone. Starting a murderous rampage isn't allowed here. Some target killers and hitmen have acceptions, but if you're going to start trouble with someone then let it start at a fight first.
9. If you're going to play some man of importance (like a shop owner), or you're just planning to scene with me, message me ahead of time.
10. There are no five main families at this time. It's based around the same era, but I'd prefer that you created your own crime syndicates instead of using past ones.
Personal Character Sheet:
Appearance: (Pictures are allowed. No manga or anime. If no picture then make sure to include: Hair color, eye color, height, weight, etc.)
Birthplace: (This will probably fall back on a crew or crime family you may be in.)
Criminal History: (Only include things you’ve been jailed or fined for if any at all.)
History/Backstory: (Tell how you grew up and what your childhood was like. Also tell why you’re in America whether you’re born a citizen, or an immigrant.)
Affiliation: (If you’re affiliated with any group, crew, family, police, etc. Make sure to state it here.)
Weapons of choice: (Short blurb on what your character’s favorite weapons are, or the ones he’s most commonly seen with.)
Crime Affiliation Sheet:
Don or Boss:
Ethnicity: (Mixed, or do you have to be from a certain nationality to be accepted?)
Main Trade: (Bootlegging, Gambling, Women, Drugs, Firearms, etc.)
Territory: (You may grab a picture from google maps, or just state which places you own.)
History: (Tell me a little bit about the history of your crime syndicate.)
Also, these may help out with your context in writing: