( Here's the OOC: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...-s-Tower-(OOC) )
This is based off of a difficult game called Dark Souls, but will have it's own storyline, enemies, etc. If you know where this is going and don't want the challenge then run away while you still can. Here's the gist of what this roleplay will be like:
1. Your goal is to band together with your fellow adventurers to reach the 100th floor of Shaman's Tower. There's a checkpoint floor at every floor ending in a 5 or 0 and a boss can commonly show up in one or both of them. Minibosses can appear at any floor and can still whoop most people's butts if you're not careful, and actual bosses can also spawn at any floor but very rarely (starting off with floor 1 is one exception). Only one of you has to reach a checkpoint to allow all of you to use it if desired. Why so many checkpoints?
2. You will die. The difficulty level will be insane, especially near the top of the tower but the first few will ease you into it. I can god mod as much as desired to mess with you with the enemies or traps; the Shaman's magic is really strong in the tower and has created many traps or other obstacles to impede your progress or outright destroy you. However, a new trap won't suddenly spring up where it didn't last play through, so by learning and outsmarting you can overcome. Most traps will have some way of figuring it out, such as it being a dark corner or a strange opening. You don't usually have to worry about giant chickens teleporting on the ceiling and falling down to crush you unless you see a swirling mass of energy right above you, which can signify a lot of things.
3. Magic and various races are possible, either made up or borrowed from the generic non-copyrighted stuff such as elves. At maximum power you can destroy a house in a single blow, but such a spell would leave you severely drained and require a decent amount of charge-up time. If you're more powerful at magic then try to be physically weaker to balance things out. Healing is allowed but is costly on time and energy to heal large wounds. No "able to see traps" power, but your character can just be smart and recognize traps that should be able to be recognized as such. If all of your choose the most powerful characters possible then expect the difficulty of the tower to rise immensely. There is no leveling up, but your characters can grow in a realistic manner as they spend time in the tower, coming up with new abilities when it would be warranted for them to do so. You can only be playing as one character at a time or, if you have more, their total effectiveness only reaches one person. You can exchange your playable character at checkpoints. Due to not worrying about getting experience you can more easily switch characters out and have them remain at a useful strength.
4. Due to the magical nature of the tower and the resetting of floors, your character will not permanently die, but rather "reset" outside of the tower if you give up or on any floor with a checkpoint completed. You can wait for those inside to unlock a new checkpoint or die before respawning to the latest checkpoint with the rest of the group. A floor resets when there's no more people on it, which is when any of the bodies vanish. No strategy of having one of you stay on a difficult floor to keep it from resetting so it can just be passed up on the next play through.
5. To save time, if nobody dies on a floor then it can be passed up when traveling through the tower. However, anyone can choose to go through the entire tower rather then pass up these floors or use checkpoints.
6. If things end up just too hard I can scale down the floor that keeps killing everyone, but I won't ever scale up a floor. I'll just make the next floors harder.
Anyone interested? I'd love for someone to help come up with the traps and floor layouts for me. Whoever does come up with traps can still have a playable character, but they cannot have their character be aware of them using your insider advantage. To help you guys out I might have a character that has some premonition, but it will be spotty so it will mostly be up to you guys to figure things out. You'd also have to keep her alive to take advantage of this and she's not very powerful.