"So... it's really been two months already..." thought Ukita as he walked back through the gates of seretei. He could count on his fingers how many times he'd actually been here during his stay in the Shinigami World. He'd only come in to check up on willimina discretely a few times then had gone away against as silently as he'd came. For the last two months all he did was train. Train and travel, seeing all the districts of rukongai. Interacting with the sent souls there.
To be honest he felt like this place was the perfect land for him. The rejection he suffered every time he let his Reiatsu flow, it was the perfect way to make his training more efficient since it immediately put him under a larger amount of strain. He had even grown accustomed to it b now and could freely resist the rejection even when his reiatsu was flowing untampered. He had grown more now that he ever could have training somewhere else over these last two month. Now, he felt ready. He would save Rebecca, he would finally atone for his sins towards willimina. He had, more or less, given up on a romantic relationship with her. Not because he no longer cared for her, to the contrary he found hi feelings for her only grow more over the last months, but he realized that the love would stay unrequited and had accepted this. He only hoped that the girl could at least one day bring herself to call him a friend.
He gave a small smile to a few shinigami who passed him and walked towards the squad four barracks where he hoped to meet Captain Primrose. Hopefully she would be able to point him in Willimina's direction.
This was another change in his character. Despite still hating the shinigami and not wanting to have any more to do with their race than necessary, he had still learned how to be more Civil and tolerant towards them. Were it not for the fact that he was a shinigami Ukita would even go do far as to call the man who'd first treated him a friend, in the lightest sense of the word possible, but still.
He got to the barracks and saw a hurried looking medic shuffle by and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me, shinigami, could you tell me If Captain Primrose is in her office?"
Clair smiled as she was forced to dodge and weave through her "sister's" attacks. Every day that girl's powers had been increasing. Her attacks were constantly sharper, quicker, more precise and deadly. Rebecca was still not quite at Claire's level but the amount of progress she had made in these two short months was nothing short of astounding! Why, she'd even already learned her Frome Divine! even if she did have a hard time controlling it. If she continued improving like this she might quickly surpass Claire herself. Claire smiled and blocked Rebecca's swing with her shield then moved in within the range of her spear and pointed her sword at the girl's throat. One day she might surpass Claire, but that day was not yet here.
Claire gave Rebecca a warm smile and sheathed her weapon. "That's ennough for today. Let's take a quick breather then we'll go wash up. Your form is improving daily but you're still too full of openings, remember to fully communicate with your weapon, it knows what it can and cannot do. If you learn to listen to it and follow it's advice wisely, there won't be a foe in the world who can escape your spear." She said this with a kind smiled bt it soon faded lightly when she saw Mother Angelle atop a balcony, observing the two. Claire didn't like how much attention that woman was paying to Rebecca. Granted it was the holly mother who had been placed in charge of the new unsent's religious teaching by order of the king himself, but sometimes Claire wondered if there wasn't another reason why the holly mother was so keen on constantly observing Rebecca's progress.
Well, things had always been smoke and mirrors with that woman. She was no more than a big mystery to everyone but the king, Claire had stopped trying to understand her a long time ago. She looked away from the woman and went to sit on a nearby bench, smiling at Rebecca and patting the place next to her. "Are you coming?"
Mother Angelle 'looked' down at the two momentarily with her closed eyes then retreated back within the castle where the king awaited her. Moving like a ghost through the walls of the keep she eventually made it into the king's private quarters where he already awaited her.
"You asked for me my Lord?" asked the woman, her lips unmoving and her voice coming from the air all around her as usual.
King Laurence was polishing the blade of his naginata when she came in and did not interrupt his activities as he replied.
- How is the girl doing Mother?
- Well, responded Angelle coolly. She is excelling in both combat skills and her understanding of The True Way, in ways never anticipated. I would call her no less than a prodigy among Renverseurs.
- Is that so? responded Laurence with a small smile. What would you say her future in this kingdom is then?
- If she does not reach a developmental ceiling soon she will most probably surpass Valkyrie in battle strength. Her knowledge of The Way nearly rivals my own,however it is still a long way from saying she has a faith and dedication to You and to our holy Lord that would allowed her to surpass mine... however that is not to say it could not happen with time.
- Then you tell me that she has the potential to take both your place and Valkirie's?
- It is not beyond the realm of possibilities.
- And you are alright with this? asked Laurence smiling
- If I am no longer suited to represent you and God all mighty as holly Mother then I shall give my title to she whom deserves it. anything else would be detrimental to the sanctity of the way.
- Such devotion to the purity of God's name, you are an inspiration Angelle. I Do not think you shall be surpassed any time soon... still. If you say that this girl is indeed so promising, perhaps I should begin to pay more attention to her as well." he said smiling and getting up from his chair, putting his naginata down and walking to the mosaic window in his room that depicted holy angels with black wings saving humanity from the evils of corruption.
- My lord?
- What do you think Mother Angelle? he said, looking back at her with a small smile. Should this King begin looking for a prospect Queen?
"Then, that is the current situation?" asked Cao Bu as Lu Bei presented him the report provided by their spies.
- Yes my Lord. There is no question about it. The West has most definitely made contact with The arrancar race. Multiple exchanges have been recorded between them and they seem to have forged some sort of alliance. Also, one of our men was captured while we were stalking out one of these said exchanges happening in karakura town, It is evident that the enemy now knows that we have intelligence on their alliance. The odds of them NOT bringing the Arrancar into the Great Clash in two Days from now are minimal to say the least.
-... What were they exchanging? Asked Cao Bu gravely.
- Hollow, my Lord.
- Hollow? What would The arrancar desire with the West's Hollow?
- Well, more precisely. Ouests my Lord. The arrancar seem to have developped a particular taste for a tamed hollow's exquisite flesh. Thus every time we would observe an exchange of a few Ouests, from four to six of them, versus their double or triple in regular hollows. These trades are believed to be a way to solidify good will between the two factions.
- Hmm, then that woman has once again pushed her people to the brink of starvation. said Cao Bu gravely. Her ways have stayed identical for these past four centuries.
- It appears so my lord. But what shall we do about this deadly alliance? It is no secret that the West despises us more than any other kingdom. With their new found allies, if they manage to form another alliance with the south or east we will most definitely be crushed under their strength.
- I realize this Lu Bei, but before passing judgment on the matter, I would like to hear the opinion of my 'Five Braves'. he said turning his gaze to the rest of the war council. Well men, what do you propose as a solution to this new threat?
Évangeline smiled as she walked into the torture room reserved for the man they'd caught snooping about their business a few days ago. A northern spy scoping out the enemy before the Great Clash. He was beaten, burned, wiped, stretched, crushed and made to suffer all kinds of mental and physical torture. He would not talk, no mater what one did to the body of a northern man he would never betray the honor of their land and their Emperor. But of course Évangeline knew this already, and with the arrancar on her side she didn't really need any information on the North anyways. To be honest she could have just killed the sot on the spot and have been done with him. but why waste such an opportunity?For the past three days now she had had the pleasure of hearing his screams as he was subjected to every torture imaginable. It was like music to her ears and she had oft come down here to enjoy a good read and a warm cup of tea while he wailed out in pain. but today was different, today she faced him directly, her seductive smile intact and aimed completely at him.
-You impress me, man of the North. But isn't it time you ended this charade? Come now, just give us information on how to defeat those pesky warrior nobles of yours and I'll set you free. all of this can end but with a few words
- To hell with you you wench. said the man, looking up hatefully at the vampire queen from his chains. I'll tell you nothing and you know it
- To hell with me? My dear child, have you not realized it yet? This IS hell, and I am it's iron fisted ruler. but no matter. You're right, i did know that you wouldn't say anything to me, but it simply would not have been in good form to administer you final torture without giving you a way out. Also. she smiled and moved closer to him, nearly pressing her boy up against his. I must thank you, dear man of the north. Your screams were most pleasurable to my hears. she said before kissing him lustfully, much to the distaste of the prisoner. The embrace lasted but for a few seconds and when she pulled away, five elegant and graceful men and women stepped out of the shadows, their eyes all fixated on him, the prisoner knew what fate awaited him and welcomed it.
"Now my children. my five elite soldiers. The five beasts that plague the west. Have your fill, and mark the taste, much more men of the North will fall to your fangs soon. by the end of the fortnight. The Northern Kingdom will be no more." and with that she disappeared into the shadows, leaving her children to fall upon the man. And as they did so, his screams resonated for the last time.
"Damn dawg, those two be beefing before the fights even kicked off? Momma-vamp and Big E.C.B are gonna be going all out this time. Shoo, I think one of them might actually kill the other now." said Boss Sutenaki as Ryu delivered him the message concerning the frictions between the northern and western Kingdoms already.
-You got that right boss. replied Ryu with a worried air. This funk is just not groovin. There's gonna bee some major discorder on the dance floor when the four kingdoms come at eachother in two days."
-Man, you've got it all wrong, yo. said Tora, annoyed with Ryu's attitude. This is just what the East needs, yo. Those pussy-weight churches already don't stand a chance against us, bro. We just sit back, wait for the emos and the honnor-gonners to kick the shit out of eachother then we just weep in and wipe both of the suckers out, yo! Damn, you, this is gona be like the biggest party ever yo!
- what? I think you got some flamenco's falppin around up'n that head of yours shawty. There's no way that shit could go down and groove that smooth. We gotta be ready for some serious dance battles goin on. This ain't girlly fights like you're used to any more, we've got to deal with them arrancar cats AND them Shinigami dogs comin down to the get down this year. If we don't go in there fresh we'll be leavin in a stink.
- Yo, you're jsut chicken shit yo. I don't care if thery're Shinigami, Arrancar or Shinirancars yo, imma take care of all of them for boss sutenaki.
- Yeah yah, I'm chicken shit. Tch i got your groove ballerina, you're just actin tough to look smooth for boss, missy yo-yo ho-ho.
- Yo! Say that again and I'll pop one up your ass!
- I'd like to see you try grovealicious!
the two got up in eachother's faces, each with their hands itching to draw out their weapons but Sutenaki only sighed. "Cut it out, you're makin me lose my beats."
the two immediately got away from each-other an kneeled down in front of him. "Sorry boss!" they said in unission. Tora adding a 'yo' at the end as her trademark.
Sutenaki smilled and looked up taking his foot lightly. "Awwww, damn! they gonna be rocked by these Jams! when we're done they'll know who i am! Here I stand! Take my hand! Imma take you high this ain't no scam!
Conquer and de-vide! We're the one'n'only Wild East side! ain't no body who cna stand up in a fight. Boss to Sutenaki will rock all night!"
"Damn boss, that was beautiful funk!"
"Yo, i'm so pumped yo!"
said the two subordinates crying manly tears.
sutenaki only smiled and put his fist in his palm,with an exited grin painted on his face. "all, this had bot me so inspired. Imma get some sweet beats outta this one, and by the end, ain't no body who won't be movin' to Sutenaki's beats. y'all can believe it!"